Chad E. Ziegler (Partner)
U.S. Patent Attorney
Chad is a registered patent attorney with over eighteen years of experience litigating complex patent infringement, trade secret, and trademark actions in Federal Court. Throughout his career, Chad has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in cases involving complex scientific technology in various fields including genetics (RNA interference), electrical engineering (power systems for Hadron Collider at CERN), pharmacokinetics (drug metabolites) and computer science (CDMA and codecs). Chad also has extensive experience with patent prosecution, patent studies and other opinion work, particularly in the fields of biotechnology and organic chemistry. Prior to his work with Neustel Law Offices, Chad’s work experiences have involved being a partner and lead litigator at the New York firm, Scully Scott Murphy and Presser as well as a partner at Woodcock Washburn in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Chad received his J.D. from Ohio Northern University, School of Law and his B.S. in Biology from Albright College. Chad currently resides in the Philadelphia area.
Federal District Court Trial Practice (Patent, Copyright, Trademark, Trade Secrets)
Inter Partes Review
Patent Studies and Opinion Work
Prior Law Firm Experience
Scully Scott Murphy and Presser, P.C. (Partner 2008-2013)
Woodcock Washburn, LLC (Partner 2005-2008)
Woodcock Washburn, LLC (Associate 1997-2005)
Albright College, B.S. Biology
Ohio Northern Univ., Claude W. Pettit School of Law, J.D.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Legal Matters
– ORG Structures Innovations, LLC v. Tools4ever, Inc., Case No. 1:12-cv-01466-SLR (D. Del.) – Counsel for Tools4ever (Patent infringement action involving technology to role-based access control software for automating access to data using inheritance of access rules within an organization).
– Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory v. Ropes & Gray et al., Case No. 13-1032-1032-BLS (D. Mass.) – Counsel for Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (Action concerning prosecution of patent applications directed to breakthrough methods and vectors of stable expression of short hairpin RNA in mammalian cells for use in RNAi ).
– BiotechPharma, LLC v. W.H.P.M., Inc., et al., Case No. 1:11cv444 (TSE/IDD) (E.D. Va.) – Counsel for W.H.P.M. (Trade secret misappropriation action involving trade secrets to one-step rapid membrane immunoassay test kits).
– Marsalle, Inc. v. New York Sun Glass, Inc., Case No. 1:13-cv-01553-CBA-JMA (E.D.N.Y.) – Counsel for Marsalle (Action for design patent infringement involving ornamental designs to eyewear box packaging and trademark infringement involving registered marks on packaging and eyewear).
–The Wet Seal, Inc. v. Fashion Box Group, S.P.A., Case No. 11-cv-5629-YGR (N.D. Cal.) – Counsel for Fashion Box Group (Trademark infringement action involving designer jeans).
– Modular Devices Inc. v. Brookhaven Science Associates, LLC et al., Case No. 2:08 CV 3267-LDW (E.D.N.Y.) – Counsel for Modular Devices Inc. (Trade secret misappropriation action involving trade secrets to circuits in low voltage power supplies for use in the Liquid Argon Calorimeter in the Hadron Collider at CERN).
If you would like to speak with Chad, you can call him at 701-281-8822.